Tuesday, October 30, 2012

In the Aftermath of the Storm



As I sit here drinking my morning coffee, watching the news coverage of Hurricane Sandy and the devastation she has left in her wake, I am mindful of the blessings in my life.  

I’ve been obsessing over what I will write this year during NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), feeling anxious and just a little scared that the deep well of words that normally flows pretty freely in me will dry up before I reach the necessary 50,000 (that’s 1,667 words per day) to complete the challenge. But my fellow NaNoWriMo-ians in the northeast are worrying about real wells and real water—too much and too little--and food and heat and electricity, and snow and cold and safety. My heart and prayers go out to them.

I am determined, now, to focus on sending as much white light as I possibly can in their direction, to family and friends, connections and associates, writers and readers and loved ones. Writing is a my joy and my passion. My family and my friends are my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment