Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Promotion (Yikes!)

When it comes to promoting my books, I am a wuss. While sitting at my computer writing, I feel confident, creative, and capable. While delivering freshly printed copies into the hands of friends and family, I am elated. When confronted with the next step of getting my books out there into the world of strangers, my head spins with excitement while my stomach curls up into a little ball and mutters, "Yikes!" This is where I am today: excited--with a stomach ache.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of book promotion on the internet. I have a website; I have ads on Facebook and Google+; I am developing an Author's Page at Amazon and a similar page on Facebook; and I am writing a blog, which is actually fun! Building a following takes time, I hear, so I am reading and researching and writing and trying to stay on track which is a challenge with the two warring sides of me screaming for attention. So, I've come up with a temporary solution to satisfy my logical mind which revels in the thrill and excitement of promotion while placating my gut-wrenching fear:

FREE KINDLE DOWNLOADS!

Beginning on Friday, October 12th, A Solitary Life will be available for FREE on Kindle as well as the Kindle app for your Iphone, Ipad, and PC. This three-day promotion will end on Sunday, October 14th, so I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to read my latest book and then let me know what you think.

Which leads me back to the concept of promotion: Yay! Lots of people will get to read A Solitary Life for FREE! And, then, of course, YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment